Monday, November 2, 2009

Project Three-Bouncing Ball

For this project we had to animate a bouncing ball. Which the sound of it sounds easy but oh no nothings never that easy.
I did some research into the bouncing ball using media such as The animators survival kit by the richard williams which was very helpful because the hardest thing i found for this task was the spacing,I used an arc of what the ball was going to go to help me know where the ball was going to go. I made a squashy ball,a bowling ball and i made a perspective view of the squashy ball. I tried not to make the ball bigger as i didn't want to make it obvious that it is a bowling ball or any type of ball more rather relying on the timing and spacing to come across that it is heavier.

I didn't want to make any story to it as i felt that it would have made me concentrate more on the story than what i was actually doing and that is learning about timing about spacing.

The tests that i have made looked good i think, I need to play about with the spacing and the final perspective view the ball at the end goes off the page.
The first test looks ok (from what you can tell from the video since the lighting wasn't that good),I should have put a smaller bounce on the bowling ball but i think people get the idea.

The second test doesn't look that good I think the spacing needs work as the bounce coming down should have been faster. I like the hang time on the bounce i think it works well as there is more frames at the top of the bounce.

The final test looks as i wanted it to apart from the part at the end that i dont like because the ball goes off the page and the squash looks bad i think because i held the frame for too long its too noticeable also I should have held the frames more on the up to show more hangtime.>

No comments:

Post a Comment